Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pass It On

If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume in one way or another you have a heart for the homeless.  I do. 
Some time ago, while doing some street ministry, I realized a majority of those I was hoping to share the gospel with had already asked Jesus to be their Savior at some time in their past.  It’s not that they need to have Jesus, it’s that they do have Jesus but don’t realize it.  They think Jesus has walked away from them or at least think that He might have.
What I’m asking of you, if you’re reading this and have a heart for the homeless, or at least come in contact with them from time to time, or there is the possibility that you might go out of your way to speak to one at some time or another, that you would print out a couple of copies of the following post and keep them with you.
All you have to do is ask one of them if they have ever received Jesus as their Savior.  If they say yes, then give them a copy of the post and ask them to read it, and then move on if you want to.  This would apply to the most clean cut to the man or woman who looks like 20 years of hard life.  Read my post "Procrastination" on the following blog:  http://downtownministries.blogspot.com/
My experience is that rekindled hope in the heart of someone who has Jesus will accomplish wonderful things.
If you decide to do this, please let me know in the comment area. 
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment